First step towards a multi modal transportation model and environmental friendly solution.
THE MAIN GOALS OF THE PROJECTS ARE THE FOLLOWING:
- Cut GHG emissions in transport sector as a way to protect the environment using RE solutions capable of strongly reducing GHG and CO2 emissions
- Guarantee Montenegro’s commitment for a transition towards a low carbon and carbon resilient transport;
- Exploit RE solutions targeting GHG emission reduction in transport sector through mitigation solutions;
- Promote eco-friendly transport system capable of reducing distances from villages and therefore CO2, CH4 and black carbon emissions linked to road transport;
- Respect nature and biodiversity conservation of the protected area disciplining features of the boats used for transport;
- Create a pilot project in a pilot area to be then replicated in lakes and other areas/bays/of other countries having similar features;
- The first pilot project showing the strong benefits for climate through the reduction of GHG emissions, water quality management, biodiversity and nature safeguard capable of moving Montenegro towards a real ecological country as stated in its constitution.
- Create a new form of tourism focused on environmental and climate friendly solutions.
- It supports Montenegro in fulfilling its obligations towards EU in terms of:
- reducing greenhouse gases emissions by 30 % by 2030 against the baseline year of 1990,
- protecting water quality,
- safeguard protected areas;
- align with the intelligent transport systems